Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The assembly and the Malecon 2000

Sorry it has taken me so long to put another one of these out. Ive not had any internet signal for a week because I was in the Galapagos Islands. But that's for another day. I'm going to keep my trip in order, so even if I have to do some posts when I get home I will so you can see all the pictures.
Last Saturday we went to the Francos old circuit assembly for the lunch break. It was a big reunion for them and it was neat for me to see the assembly hall. Its all open air and its on the bethel property. It was beautiful and there were so many studies in attendance it was so nice to see.
After that we went to the Malecon or harbor in Guyaquil. It was so pretty. It kind of reminded me of Baltimore. On the one end of the Malecon was Las Peñas. It is this neighborhood on a hill that is all stairs between the houses. Its really authentic and older looking and its so pretty at night with all the lights. There is a lot of history there. I think that's where the Ecuadorians earned their independance from Spain.  But you can climb all the way to the top (444 steps, they have them numbered, I dont know why) and see the whole city. And on the way down we saw brothers doing table top witnessing. It was their first day doinging it in the country. It was so neat, Jehovahs people are everywhere.





All the colorful houses on that hill are las Peñas

The Malecon

The Malecon
Las Peñas
Las Peñas

1 comment: