Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My fist day of service!

Today we got up at 6:30 and then had soup for breakfast! Ritas husband Jonathan then took us to the bus. Busses here are crazy! They just drive and you wave them down, they slow down, and you jump on. And its only 25 cents to go anywhere.  Gas is $1.40. We met in a brothers house in the territory. There was at keast 40 people that met. They are all so warm and even though I cant speak their language you coukd still feel it is jahs organization, heres some pics from service. Where we preached today the people had no running water. And apparently I dont know how to walk in mud because I was the only one who would get it stuck to the bottom of my shoe. Then I slipped into a creek and got my foot soaking wet. Rita told me that has never happened to her and it happened to me on my First day. My group was cracking up. They loved it. 
Washing off my foot after I fell in the mud 
Some of the terrain in the territory
Mama Rita y yo
There are no spickets on either of these. No running water.
A witness family that lives in the territory. These are two of her little boys. Shes has an unbelieving mate with  5 kids and her oldest just graduated school and has been pioneering for 5 years.
In the territory. Maria, yo, y Rita
The picture of the bottom my foot as I was walking on stilts because of all the mud.

7 comments:

  1. Flexin the calf muscles won't get u a bible study! Will it? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's the international language...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. The brotherly love shines through all language barriers.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had quite the day!! Haha I hope you are having fun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Definitely looks like a nice day in service. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like fun! hey it's all about the stories, right? those adventures are what you remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool!! Looks like some dirt lanes I can explore. Sign me up!!

    ReplyDelete