Friday, April 19, 2013

Preaching in Spanish and English

I went out with the spanish group again on Wednesday. It is so much fun. Basically,  you walk to the territory,  walk in the territory, and then walk home from the territory. And its hot and humid and not level. Its up and down the side of mountains.
Heres how my day went. Up at 7 leave the house at 7:30. Meet the group at 8:30. Then we walk walk walk until 1 when we go back to rtas house in the territory and eat lunch, and take a shower(because we have been sweating like crazy) and then take a nap. Then we go back out at 2:30 and do a study. We meet the group at 3:30 and walk walk walk til we finally finish at dusk at 6:30. (I did my first presentation in spanish and the lady was really nuce and took my magazines. I was so nervous. )I'm so excited at this point because I'm like yes, were done. Then rita says "we have a 30 min walk back" nooooo!
On the way back we stop by a panaderia or bakery. They have them all over here. We got some bread, it was so good. When we got bacm to the house , we ate the bread and coffee. Then we did two more bible studies, then headed home. We didnt get home til 10. Such a long day.
I hope I didnt confuse everyone too much, Rita and Jonathan have two houses, one in the city and one in there territory. 
Today I went out in the english and we are going to their meeting tonight. Their territory encompases the whole city and they do census.  But today we went out at the bus terminal. I talked to a really nice guy from ireland.
Heres some pics from service. 
Part of the afternoon service group
That car is not going anywhere. Its completely stuck
They were so interested in my english Bible Teach book. I love this picture. They didnt know I was taking it. They kept wanting me to read to them chapter titles and subheadings. Its like a foreign language to them or something.
Yo y Elisa.
Elisa, yo, y Betty
I was repeatedly telling them how bad an idea this was... Thankfully i didnt fall this time. A brother put this little peice of wood across the road so we could cross.
All their coffee is instant. Coffee beans dont exist here and no one brews their coffee.

21 comments:

  1. :) Aw Cassie Thank you so much for documenting your time out in the ministry! I smiled like a silly person the entire time I was reading this LOL The picture of everyone huddled around your Bible Teach book was very heart warming! Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks so much mellz. It really means a lot. Its been a great experience down here

      Delete
  2. You are amazing! Out in the ministry all day and keeping up with your blog. This is so encouraging and faith strengthening. Reading your blog means so much to me. Thanks and love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, its encouraging to me to hear you say that. Its probably a little taste of what you did when you were down here.

      Delete
  3. Yep. We are all loving the posts. It is encouraging to see what a wonderful, worldwide brotherhood we have. Congrats on your first presentation in Spanish. Go girl!!! Holy spirit is an awesome thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Leah. I cant wait to be home again and share experiences and show you guys pics out in service

      Delete
  4. I should feel a bit guilty for my comment that I am about to post - especially since the other comments have been so spiritual and uplifting and perfect examples of what one should say after reading such such Yearbook type posts... Nah! Wouldn't be like me...
    I AM STILL STUCK ON THE INSTANT COFFEE THING!!! I know how you love your coffee, so I know what a sacrifice you are making. That is the REAL story here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an awesome time!! You are gonna be so bored when you come back home and actually have to take a car everywhere. Or are you going to just start walking everywhere from now on? Lol. Love you and miss you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassie, Very nice effort you are making. How nice to be able to explore this sort of thing for a good chunk of time. Please tell Rita I said hello and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an experience!!!! This almost jerked a tear, but thankfully I clenched my eye muscles so none came out! As i read i felt i was there! Walkin 4 hrs, walking the plank, etc...You have just fulfilled Matt 24:14 before our eyes!!! What a wonderful thing it is to see people gaining life before u!!! We would luv to hear some tear jerking bible study experiences if you have some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, nothing tear jearking. Plus theyve all been in spanish so i didnt get much out of them. haha

      Delete
  8. Hey where you been? I've been looking for someone to play ball with! Could you bring me some doggie treats?

    Peace Out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cassy!! Looks like you are having a great time!! Sorry to bother you while you are there...but Tricia wanted me to ask you about Sue Ellen's extensions...I see you are due home May 8th and she is coming in that Saturday to have them done...she just had her hair colored again, so do we need to rematch her color?? We just needed to know so we can get them ordered for you!.... Hope you continue to have a great time and stay safe!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she got it colored the same as it was the last time we shouldnt have any touble. They should match up.

      Delete
  10. You are good to come in on saturday to do them, correct??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saturday the 11 correct? at what time?

      Delete
    2. Yes the 11th, she is getting her nails done at 1:15 so how much time do you need to do them??

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. Sue Ellen is in for 10:15 on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete