Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Las Grietas

Sorry it took me so long to get another blog post up. My life since I've been back, like everyone else, has been crazy. But I don't mind reminiscing about my trip. I can't believe I got back two weeks ago.
This next place we went to was amazing. The name is Las Grietas. We walked there, no big surprise. To get there you have to pass this salt sea. Kinda like the Red Sea. It was really neat because the water evaporates out of the salt water and all thats left is editable salt. I tried it, its good. Everything there is volcanic rock. Its neat because its just different scenery on an island.
Finally we reached where we were swimming. I don't even know how to describe it so your just going to have to look at the pictures. This opening in the island got filled with salt water and the fish were huge there. We brought our snorkel and goggles and were able to check it out. It was so deep you couldn't see the bottom and kids would jump from the top of the crevice into the water. I didn't have anyone to force me to do it so I only jumped from halfway up. There were also these cool little tunnels that you could swim through that would pop you up in other pools of water that you had to climb over to. There is nothing like that here.

This is a sea Iguana. They remind me so much of Godzilla. They even swim the same.

The Salt Sea




Las Grietas

Do you see where they jump off from? Yeah... I didn't go that high up. I kind of wish I did now just to say I did it.

These cacti are one of the over 100 species of plants that only grow in the
Galapagos. I don't remember the name but the Tortoise's eat them so while they are young, the trunk if full of spires and as they age it gets as hard as an actual tree trunk.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Finally! A new post! U take the best pics. That iguana looks pretty cool, he just needs little sunshades. Ur my hero! Sort of like Wonder-woman! (Well actually cus I been Wondering when ur gonna put up a new post) lol :)

    ReplyDelete