Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bienvenido a Galapagos

I'm finally getting to the pictures of my Galapagos trip. You cannot imagine how beautiful it was there. Its really different from anything you would ever expect. The island is naturally barren but because of non-indigenous plants it has gotten more lush. And there are so many plants and animals there that are found no where else in the world. Its really neat. The water is so clear and its turquoise on the beaches.
It was a two hr flight from guayaquil to Galapagos. And the airport is on its own island and there is nothing else there. The airport looks like a warehouse. Its so small. From the airport you have to get on a bus which takes you 20 min to a boat. You cross the canal, then you get in a taxi and drive another 30 min to the town, Puerto Ayora.
And you would think, its a touristy city, this is on the main island in the Galapagos, its going to be huge with big hotels, but no. Its a tiny quaint town with paving stone and brick streets. And everything closes at 10.
Our plane got in at 11 a.m. and as soon as we put our stuff down at the house we left again to go to the beach. We went to the malecon or harbor, and guess what was lying on the dock, sea lions or lobos, in spanish. It was so cool. Then we took a water taxi to another spot and then walked to the beach. It was just one stop on our way to Las Grietas. That place was awesome but it will have to be another series of photos. I took too many.
And the people I went with, and the friends that we stayed with spoke no english. The entire 5 days were all spanish. So I pretty much didn´t talk the whole time I was there.
The Airport

This was a first for me, I've never gotten off a plane like this before.
This is what we took from the bus to the taxi. All the luggage went on top.
This is the sisters house we stayed at. she lives there with her son, her daughter, her daughters husband, and their 3 little girls ages 1 and a half, 3 and 5. And then we added 4 more. So it was a full house.
The Malecon



The water taxi

8 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! I really want to see these pictures but I am sure they will not do it justice.

    I am sure you will be home by the time you read this. Welcome home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I need to come over and show you and the family them all. And they definitely don't do it justice. You just cant capture it in a photo

      Delete
  2. These are amazing pictures! Im glad you made this i really wanted to see what it looked like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Stay tuned because I'm going to be putting more up. I just need to find some time to do it.

      Delete
  3. Okay that will be cool. Talking about it yesterday makes me want to travel there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. Its such an awesome experience. I think everyone should do it. It really makes you appreciate what you have

      Delete
  4. Yeah definitely. I wish i got your number last night so we can keep in touch, it would be nice if we all could do something again but maybe closer your way.

    ReplyDelete